Being vegan doesn’t mean I have to miss out on treats, junk food, and social party snacks. Here is a delicious and guilt free version of a healthy buffalo bites.
Bonus- they’re vegan and gluten free :0)
Let’s face it; cauliflower is the new black! It’s trending with foodies right now, trust me. Watch out quinoa, out of the way kale, cauliflower is on the rise!
(cue light bulb turning on… I think I just came up with my next blog idea, stay tuned!)
Okay, people let’s get cooking!
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites:
• 2 medium heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
• 1 cup white rice flour
• 1 cup water
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon garlic power
• ¼ teaspoon paprika
• 1 cup your favorite buffalo wing sauce (I like to buy Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce, which is vegan!)
Vegan Ranch Dipping Sauce:
• 1 cup vegenaise (I usually buy Follow your Heart)
• ½ cup vegan sour cream (I usually buy Tofutti)
• 1 teaspoon white vinegar
• 1 garlic clove, minced fine
• 1 tablespoon fine chopped dill
• 1 tablespoon chives, chopped fine
• ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped fine
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon vegan worcesterchire sauce (I usually buy Amy’s)
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. To make ranch sauce combine all ingredients, whisk until smooth and set aside.
3. For the cauliflower floret coating, combine the rice flour, water, salt, garlic powder, paprika and then whisk until it’s nicely combined.
4. Rinse and cut the cauliflower off of the heads so you have nice chunky sized florets, easy for dipping AND fitting into your mouth!
5. Dip cauliflower florets into the flour batter and place onto your baking sheets. (you may want to line them with parchment paper or spray them with non-stick oil first)
6. Spritz the top of each floret with a bit of oil to help them get crispy.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they start to get golden brown.
8. Grab the cauliflower out of the oven and carefully dip each floret into a bowl with the buffalo sauce. Make sure you coat the entire floret, but it shouldn’t be dripping!
9. Put them back into oven for another 5 minutes to get nice and crunchy.
10. Remove from the oven, let them cool, and then serve them along side with your home-made creamy ranch dip, some sliced carrots, and celery!
Please leave your thoughts, comments, recipes success/fails and questions below.