July 4th; when we come together to celebrate adopting the Declaration of Independence. The day that the United States formally separated from Great Britain back in 1776. Typically, our July 4th festivities look very similar and include cookouts, concerts, family, friends, bathing suits, parades, drinking, and fireworks.
It is not uncommon for any summer cookout to include endless hours eating and munching on high calorie snacks, junk food, ice cream, excessive alcohol, and a lot of hanging out or sitting around. While all of those things are okay in moderation, you want to set yourself up for success and not throw all your hard work away.
So, I made sure to cover all the bases! I wrote out three great tools for getting you ready, pumping you up, and keeping you healthy this July 4th! First, let’s start with the Star Spangled Soundtrack to get you in the holiday mood. This soundtrack was written out specifically to go along with your Red, White, & Booty Workout. It’s a tough workout, but as we know, nothing worth having comes free! Challenge yourself to get through 3-4 rounds and don’t forget to drink water. Lastly, I wrote up a delicious and guilt-free dessert that you can bring to any cookout. Of course, the dessert is red, white, and blue :0)
- Wake up early enough to squeeze in a sweat session.
- Eat a full healthy meal before heading to your cookout.
- Try to make healthy choices while also enjoying yourself.
- Remember the 3 bite rule for treats, sweets, & desserts (1st bite is to taste, 2nd bite is to make sure it’s yummy, 3rd bite is to say goodbye).
- Don’t take from the chip bowl, use a plate to portion your serving.
- Pair every alcoholic drink with a full glass of water.
- Don’t forget sunblock.
- Make sure you have a designated driver.
(click the link below for the word document version of the recipe!)